Monday, March 3, 2014

The Many Faces of E-Time

I've always been a people watcher.  I absolutely love sitting on a bench in the middle of a busy park, standing silently in a crowded mall, or moving quietly down a bustling city street...and watching...watching as the world rolls on, fast and furious around me.  As I watch, I find myself contemplating the faces of the people who pass me by...staring into the depths of their eyes...and wondering.  What's that smile about?  Why those tears?  What's the mischief behind the young boy's impish grin?  What wisdom is hidden behind the wrinkled, rheumy eyes of the elderly couple walking hand in hand through the park?  The excitement...the fear...the joy...the sorrow...where did it all come from?  Where have they been?  Where are they going?  And why are they here...right now...in this time and place?  What's their story?


For you see, everyone has a story.  And one of the most humbling aspects of my life as an educator is the absolute privilege of helping kids write theirs.   So, I thought, what better way to look at E-Time...what better way to tell the story of the Schoolwide Enrichment Model at Austin Elementary...than through the faces, young and old, of those who live it everyday?  So sit back, relax, take a deep breath...and enjoy the story...




It's a magical story, and we would love for you to be a part.  If you are interested in becoming involved as a volunteer, contact Liz Malone through her email, lmalone@coppellisd.com.  If you are interested in just learning more about what this SEM story is all about, click on the link below to secure a spot on an E-Time tour.

Click Here to Sign Up for an E-Time Tour



No comments:

Post a Comment