Friday, January 13, 2012

We need you!

I hope all of our Austin parents have had the chance to look through the blog to see what's happening around the school during our Friday morning E-time.  I'm sure that your child has told all about it!

As you can see, we have quite a variety of interests across the school!  If you have a special talent or area of expertise, we'd love to have you share it with one of our groups!  Just send an e-mail to me, Mrs. Kirby, at ckirby@coppellisd.com, to let me know what areas of interest you might be able to help us with.  While we may not currently have a group working on that topic, it would be wonderful to have that information for the future.

Even if you can't come up to the school on Friday mornings, you can still be a part of E-time.  If you have materials or resources that we could use or are willing to Skype with one of our groups, you would still be a crucial part of making our E-times a success.  There are many ways that you can help even if you can't physically be here!

Thanks in advance!  Our Austin parents are THE BEST!

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to take a quick moment and thank the wonderful fifth grade students I have been able to work with during E-Time at Austin Elementary. This year I am the yearbook coordinator which is a huge task. After a quick conversation with Ms. Snyder she and I decided I could get the services of a handful of fifth grade students who are using their E-Time to learn a little bit more about photography.

    With one hour every Friday for the next few weeks, I have been able to collect some great photos for the yearbook, that were taking from the view of our students of other students. This has proven to be a wonderful and very fulfilling activity for me. Working with the students and sharing my knowledge and experience with photogrgaphy. And in return to have some really great photos that will be shared with so many in this years yearbook. Not to mention the joy I get from working with our wonderful students. It is all worth it.

    If you have an hour for a few weeks on a Friday from 8AM to 9AM, I highly recommend you volunteer your time. The students are studying so many different topics, that you find it surprising how much you could help them out. If you are still questioning what you have to offer, just know that sometimes an extra set of hands, some encouraging words and guidance is exactly what the students needed. Please consider volunteering.

    ReplyDelete