Here's what I found...
Several years ago I watched a group of fifth grade learners sing "Hero" by Mariah Carey as their farewell song to Austin Elementary. One of my favorite lines from that song goes like this...
- "I loved that we were able to make a difference in the community."
- "I would do this cluster again so that I could help more people."
- "I learned that I can give hope to kids in the hospital."
- "We donated our work to the elderly to make them feel special. It made me feel good inside."
- "Homeless people need hope, and I can give it to them."
- "I realized I was making people feel happy, and that made me happy!"
- "Our cluster changed lives!"